Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop with the QuickBooks Clean Installation Tool is one of the fastest solutions to many QB Desktop problems. You may be able to fix many issues with your software by performing a clean installation of QuickBooks. Follow the Clean Installation process. This includes uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, renaming installation folders, then re-installation of QuickBooks Desktop using the QB Clean Install utility.
Know More About Quickbooks Clean Install tool
It is essential to use the quickbooks clean install tool Exe to Uninstall & Reinstall the QuickBooks desktop application. We have listed below some instances where QuickBooks Clean Install Tool Exe is a necessity.
- You may encounter an error when trying to open multiple company files.
- When QuickBooks displays installation errors.
- A simple QuickBooks reinstall didn’t help you fix common error codes.
How to Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for QB Desktop.
Clean Installation of QB Desktop with QuickBooks Clean Install Tool Repairs various software and company files. Clean install with QB clean installation utility involves three main steps.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Change the name of installation folders
- Install QuickBooks on your Desktop
Step 1 – Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
You must first uninstall/remove any existing QuickBooks version from your Windows system to begin the clean installation process. Follow the steps below to uninstall QBD without losing data.
- Locate Control Panel on your computer and open it.
- Select Features and Programs from there or Uninstall A Program.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version you are having problems with from the list.
- Click on Uninstall to uninstall QB Desktop. You must have admin rights in order to perform this action.
Step 2 – Run the Clean Installation Tool
The Clean Install Tool names the old folders. If you reinstall QuickBooks, this feature allows QuickBooks to create new files as needed.
- Select Installation Issues from the quickbooks tool hub.
- Next, click on the Clean Install tool followed by OK.
- You will need to choose your QuickBooks version and then click on Continue.
- When the message ” OK” appears, click on it.
After the process is completed, you can start to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
Step 3 – Manually rename the QuickBooks Installation folder in order to completely remove the QB Desktop
If you are using QuickBooks 2020 or an older version, you will need to manually rename the folders. These steps will help you rename your installation folders.
- First, you must display the files hidden by following these steps.
- Windows 10: Click the folder icon to open File Explorer. Select Hidden Items from the View tab.
- Windows 8/ 8.1: Press Windows + simultaneously to open File Explorer. Select File extensions or Hidden Items from the View tab.
- Click on the Windows icon to open File Explorer.
- Open the folder QuickBooks folder that contains your QuickBooks company files. It can be found in any one of these locations.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- Right-click on the folder to select the option. Add the old at the end of your folder name. This will prevent QB from opening the folder while it is being reinstalled.
- After you have finished, install the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and choose Task manager.
- To sort the list, you can go to the Processing tab.
- Further, select the following processes and then End Process for each: QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe.
- When the message “Yes” appears, click on it.
- Finally, QuickBooks Desktop can be reinstalled.
Step 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
You can download QuickBooks Desktop to rename the folders in your QB desktop installation. Then, follow the steps below:
- To install the CD, first, insert the CD into your computer. Then, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation.
- If you purchased QuickBooks from Intuit, then download your version from the QuickBooks Product Download Page.
- After you have downloaded the setup, Runit. You will then be asked to enter your license number and product number. These numbers can be found on the CD box or online order email.
Also Read- What’s the difference between QuickBooks Premier and Enterprise?